Oklahoma State Cowgirls
(4-1, 0-0 Big 12) • Head Coach: Jacie Hoyt (Sixth Year — 85-66)
Women’s Cancun Challenge
Florida State (5-0) • Harvard (2-1) • Purdue (4-0)
Games 6-8 · Nov. 24-26, 2022 · 10 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Venue: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Radio: KGFY — 105.5 FM, Sirius XM 375 (Florida State game only)
Live Stats: https://cancunchallenge.net/calendar.aspx
Social Media: Twitter — @osuwbb, Instagram — @osuwbb
Facebook — www.facebook.com/CowgirlBasketball/
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team will return to action this week at the Women’s Cancun Challenge with three games in three days at the Hard Rock Hotel Rivera Maya.
• The Cowgirls will open play in the Mayan Division against Florida State on Thursday morning before facing Harvard on Friday morning. OSU will close out the event on Saturday afternoon against Purdue.
• OSU last won a multi-game, in-season tournament at the 2012 Surf N’ Slam Classic in San Diego, going 2-0.
• Claire Chastain is 54 points shy of 1,0000 for her career. If and when she reaches the 1,000-point mark, that would give OSU four 1,000-point scorers on its roster.
• Chastain has hit 73 percent (8-11) of her 3-point attempts over the past three games.
• Lexy Keys is seven treys away from 100 for her career.
• Taylen Collins is 11 points away from 500 as a Cowgirl.
• OSU had 10 players find the scoring column in four of its first five games and nine scored in its contest against Kent State.
• The Cowgirls have scored at least 20 points in 11 quarters this season. OSU has scored 30-plus points in three quarters to this point as well.
• OSU has had at least four players score in double figures three times this season and eight different players have had at least one double-digit outing.
Know The Foe
• Florida State is 5-0, including a road win over a common opponent with OSU in Kent State.
• Ta’Niya Latson is fifth nationally at 26.8 points per game.
• Purdue enters play with a 4-0 mark with all four of those victories coming at home.
• Lasha Petree paces the squad at 17.5 points per game
• Harvard entered its Monday evening contest at Merrimack College with a 2-1 mark on the year.
• Harmoni Turner is averaging a team-best 21.0 points per outing.
OSU vs. The Field
• OSU is 1-1 all time against Florida State with its most recent meeting coming in the second round of the 2008 NCAA Tournament in Des Moines, Iowa and resulting in a 73-72 overtime victory for OSU.
• OSU won the lone meeting with Harvard, 92-62, at the 2012 Surf N’ Slam Classic in San Diego.
• The Cowgirls lone meeting with Purdue came during the second round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament in West Lafayette with OSU prevailing, 73-66.
Last Time In Cancun
• OSU competed at the 2017 Women’s Cancun Challenge.
• The Cowgirls opened with a 76-68 win over South Dakota before falling, 79-69, to No. 12 Tennessee.
• Loryn Goodwin was named to the event’s all-tournament team after averaging 23.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.0 steals over the two games.