A strong hardware procurement policy will ensure that requirements are followed and that all purchases are subject to the same screening and approval processes. This comprehensive policy covers the essential aspects of the purchasing process.
From the policy:
This policy establishes a framework for the purchase of company hardware in a
fashion that will:
• Establish a centralized purchasing agent or authority.
• Ensure that purchasing discounts are realized where applicable through volume
• Ensure that revenue-sharing programs are used where applicable.
• Ensure that business optimizing processes, such as bypassing invoicing where appropriate, are used.
• Establish an approved vendor matrix.
• Obtain the best price for IT hardware for internal purchases.
• Establish a sequence of actions for the purchase process.
• Factor in maintenance, replacement, downtime and security.
• Prevent fraud.